I frequently will uninstall a piece of software such as Firefox and then forget what add-ons or Greasemonkey scripts I was using. Or rebuild a PC with the factory DVD and realize that I forgot that useful editor I had installed.
This list is to help me re-obtain software I regularly use on my PC.
- I’ve switched to Chrome because it just works and upgrades without even letting me know.
- Firefox- What else?
- Xmarks or Firefox Sync – For keeping my workstations in sync.
- FxIF – I like to check out what the photo’s EXIF info is.
- Greasemonkey -Too useful for words. If you are on Firefox 4 beta give the nightliesa try.
- Google Reader for wider screens – I have a wide screen and don’t like being penalized for that.
- FlickrCommentTools – I don’t always leave comments. But when I do, I use FlickrCommentTools.
- Flic.kr Link – If I share a Flickr photo I want the Flickr short URL.
- Flickr Refer Comment – Nice photo, want to know how I got here?
- Flickr Buddy Icon Reply – See a trend here with Flickr greasemonkey scripts?
- YouTube HD Ultimate – Just plain YouTube goodness.
- Yousable Tube Fix – Seems to work better with the current version of YouTube.
- Notepad++ – Notepad with formatting and line numbers. Line numbers are cool. On my iMac it’s Fraise.
- HandBrake – Hypothetically, if I did rip DVDs to my iPhone I would use Handbrake. Hypothetically speaking.
- OpenOffice.org – Word processing and spreadsheets for the rest of us. Although getting Office 2010 via Microsoft’s Home Use Program is a great bargain.
- Pidgin – Multi-protocol instant messenger.
- John’s Background Switcher – I first did this on my iMac with DeskLickr but John’s software has more options.
- Switcher – Exposé for Windows. My iMac spoils me. Use the instructions here to get the best results.
- iTunes – How else do I manage my music on my phone?
- Tweetdeck – Twitter for the desktop.
- STEAM – I like being able to get my games back with just a good connection to the Internet.
- PuTTY – No nonsense SSH term software.
- Flickr Uploadr – I don’t share all of my shots but when I do this works.
I’ll continue to add to this list as I go.